Image Map

Friday, November 12, 2010

Apple Cider Pork chops

Dinner dinner dinner! Ring ring ring! Come and get it! Okay, that’s enough. You get the gist of it, we’re not making cookies today. We’re making Pork Chops! This came out of a moment of hunger and desperation. You know those moments. You find yourself staring into a near empty fridge, trying to decide what to make for dinner. What? All I have is a package of pork chops and a gallon of apple cider? BAH!

Luckily it all turned out okay. Apple cider makes me happy. This is why I am such a happy person in the fall. Okay, maybe it also has to do with the tons of Halloween candy I eat or the fact that I’m a fall baby and I get birthday cake. I am also that one person that orders a Caramel Apple Cider from Starbucks, in July. Reducing the apple cider deepens all the tangy, apply flavors. If you happened to make some of my cranberry chutney earlier in the week, then that would also be amazing paired with this reduction.

Apple Cider Pork chops

3 pork chops
Flour
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
½ cup apple cider
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
¼ cup cranberry chutney to serve

Heat olive oil and butter in a saucepan to medium-high. Coat pork chops in flour and shake off excess. Cook chops in oil and butter for about three minutes per side. Remove to a separate plate.

Add additional butter, apple cider and balsamic vinegar. Allow to reduce to about ¼ cup. Return pork chops to the pan and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. Yummy pork chops! It's amazing how we can make something so delicious and simple with limited choice of ingredients in our pantry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh yummy! This is perfect for a nice fall dish. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks really yummy! It sounds simple and easy, too. Do you think this will work on turkey?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful! I love cooking with cider!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Tes - I think you can't go wrong doing this with turkey! I know you can get thick-sliced turkey breasts from Jenny-O. I think they would be awesome with apple and cranberries!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails