Image Map

Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 - Stuffing Cupcakes


I saved the best, and my favorite, for last. Stuffing may not be the most healthy thing in the world, but it is what reminds me of thanksgiving the most. It’s not the smell of roasted turkey or the pumpkin pie, it’s the stuffing. Although I don’t know if you call this stuffing, since it’s not stuffed inside a turkey. Does that make this dressing? Whatever, it’s delicious.



This year I’ve taken my traditional stuffing and portioned it out in handy cupcake form! It’s a Cupcake 24-7/Thanksgiving 2010 post! Don’t fall out of your chair. Also, I want you to get some more nutrients, so this stuffing is packed with fruits and whole grains. And a half a stick of butter. What? It was necessary! Just eat it.


Stuffing Cupcakes
4 tbsp butter
2 stalks celery, chopped
½ medium onion, chopped
½ tsp poultry seasoning
½ 15 ounce bag of stuffing cubes (I used whole wheat, you could even make your own)
½ tart green apple (I think I had a Crispin)
½ pear (bosc works well)
¼ cup raisins
12 sage leaves, cut into ribbons
2 eggs, beaten
1 ½ cup chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
Salt & pepper

In a small sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, celery and poultry seasoning and cook until onions are softened and your kitchen smells like thanksgiving.

In a large bowl combine stuffing cubes, apple, pear, raisins and sage. Pour butter mixture over top and stir to combine. Allow to cool for five minutes. Add eggs and stir to combine. Add the first cup of chicken stock and mix. If the mixture seems too dry add more stock ¼ cup at a time.

Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 12-cup muffin pan with spray oil. Add ½ cup of stuffing mixture to each muffin cup. Press down a little. Bake for 30 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Loosen edges with a knife and serve!

Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. Love them! Look fantastic and a great idea : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuffing Cupcakes? Genius!!! Who cares abt how much butter it has.. just eat it! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. those stuffing cupcakes look delicious! what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I love the automatic portion control. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cupcakes look incredible! You are so clever to use stuffing to make this yummy cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stuffing is my weakspot. I could eat it all day and never care what happened. Putting it it portions may be a good plan for the week ahead... :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best part about them is that they get all crunchy around the edges. I've eaten way too many of these since I made them!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails