Image Map

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 - Sage Oven Fries

Okay, I’ve said it before. Potatoes at Thanksgiving time should be mashed. However, this year, for our healthy goals, we are having them baked. I know, I know. Sacrilege. When I read this recipe I just knew that it would fit in so well with our health conscious goals, plus these potatoes are so pretty! Roasted potatoes with crispy sage leaves, yum. Enjoy.


Sage Oven Fries

This recipe is said to serve four people (three slices a piece).  If you are having more people simply scale!  The sage leaves get all crispy and the potatos get this amazing crust on the edges.  You won't miss mashed potatos one bit!  Okay, maybe a little.  If you want to splurge then feel free to use this recipe!

2 baking potatoes
Olive oil
Kosher salt
12 sage leaves

Preheat the oven to 400 F.

Wash your potatoes and slice each potato into 6 slices. Place in a bowl and coat with olive oil and a dash of salt. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes.

Coat sage leaves with a little olive oil. Take baking sheet out of the oven. Place one sage leaf on top of each potato slice, then flip over. Cook for 10 more minutes. Serve immediately.
Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. What pretty and yummy looking fries. I usually cut my potato in half before I cut slices, but these look so neat I may have to change my strategy now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would quite happily eat these gorgeous looking baked potatoes over mashed potatoes (although I do like them too) anyday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These potatoes look amazing! I love the potato and sage combo too. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting dish! It definitely presents beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be very happy with these potatoes...I'm not always a fan of the mashed variety anyway! Thank you so much for visiting my blog...I'm very glad that it brought me to yours! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, full of laughter and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might try these on another occasion, but for me Thanksgiving isn't Thanksgiving without the massed potatoes. It's the best part of the meal.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails