Image Map

Friday, March 25, 2011

Balsamic BBQ Chicken


Sometimes you need a quick dinner and this week it was extremely important. Several thirteen hour workdays this week have lead to dinners of lettuce, a bagel and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (three different nights). I partially blame daylight savings time for my longer work days and I also blame my project deadline of April 7th.


Maybe you’ve been having the same issue as I have. I’ve gotten so used to the sun going down at 4 o’clock that I think it’s so much earlier than it actually is. It was six thirty before I realized how late it was, and then it was quarter to nine before I headed out the door. It’s been going on like this all week, I get distracted by the loads of work I have to do and all of the sudden it’s dark out. By the time I get home I’m all glassy-eyed and hungry, with no energy left.

Last night I decided, no more! I need some real food! Then twenty minutes later I had this sitting on my plate. I’m in love with these new Steamfresh pasta meals. In four minutes I had a side dish that worked well with my balsamic BBQ chicken, which was pretty delicious on it’s own. Try it out the next time you’ve got no time!

Balsamic BBQ Chicken
Adapted from Giada’s Kitchen
½ cup balsamic vinegar
2/3 cup ketchup
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
½ tbsp Worchester sauce
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
¼ tsp salt
¼ black pepper

3 chicken breasts

Grill chicken outside or on your handy grill pan.

Combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan and heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes until it thickens. Pour over grilled, sliced chicken.

Here's the side dish I made, so quick!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails