Image Map

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Oatmeal Pancakes

Today is my last day of summer vacation, ever!  I'm not sure if that should be a happy or a sad exclamation point.  Tomorrow is the big day, my first day of work in the real world.  It feels like the day before my first day of school.  I'm looking at my closet, trying to decide what to wear.  I got a haircut this weekend and I'm all ready with my new do.  The occasional butterfly in my stomach and those first day thoughts keep popping up.

What will it be like?  Will I fit in with the rest of the scientists?  Will I fall asleep on the train and miss my stop?  I hope not!  At least I'll have these little beauties to keep me energized and ready to go on my first day of work.  And I totally have my outfit picked out and ready to go.


Rather than posting yet another picture of pancakes (while they were delicious) I thought you might enjoy some pictures of the Macy's fireworks from last night.  Happy 5th of July!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!



Oatmeal Pancakes


These pancakes are wonderfully nutty with the oats mixed in.  When you process the oats you can take them to just finely chopped up, all the way to oat flour.  It all depends on the texture of pancake that you would like in the end!  Serve them with some real maple syrup and you've got yourself something really delicious.
1 cup plus 3 tbsp rolled oats
1 2/3 cup flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/3 tsp salt
1/3 tbsp baking soda
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs

Pule rolled oats in a food processor until finely chopped.  Don't take them all of the way to a powder.  Combine in a medium bowl with flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.  In a small bowl, whisk together oil, buttermilk and eggs.  Add liquids to solids and mix until just combined.  Set to the side for 10 minutes.

Cook by the 1/4-cup on a griddle.  Flip once bubbles begin to appear on the top side, cook for 1 more minute.  Serve with real maple syrup!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails