Image Map

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Gorgonzola Pasta


Hey everyone, I hope that you had a great week!  I can't believe that it's already August!  This last month has brought a lot of change and I'm starting to settle into my new routine.  I've been working at my new job for a month now and I'm loving it.  It's totally different from graduate school and my postdoctoral position, but in many great ways.  I'll tell you more about that next week!


You also know that I've moved in with boyfriend and that I've been getting used to living with a boy (eeewww!  Boys!) and learning his finicky palate.  Boys and girls definitely have different likes and dislikes when it comes to food!  I'm working on finding that happy medium between our two menus.  The main issue being that boyfriend loves all things pasta and I love fitting into my pants.

Another big change happened last week with this loss of our family dog, Zoe.  I realize that this was a bigger change for my parents, who lived with Zoe, but she was still my buddy.  But if you scroll down, you'll notice some pretty little ladies.  I want you to meet Bella and Izzie! 


They joined the Wilde parent household this week to try and fill that big hole left behind from Zoe.  According to my parents, they are crazy.  All I know is that they are super adorable and I want to go home and play with them.





Gorgonzola Pasta

Boyfriend really loves gorgonzola cheese.  I think that if I crumble gorgonzola cheese all over everything that I make, then he'll love everything that I make.  You'll also notice that in a lot of my recipes I call for pre-cooked, chopped chicken.  Usually at the beginning of the week I grill 3-4 chicken breasts for use in my meals for the week.  It makes cooking dinner much faster and easier!

2 tbsp butter
2 shallots, chopped
1/2 lb bowtie pasta
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/4 lb gorgonzola cheese
1/3 cup + 2 tbsp heavy cream
Zest of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper
3 fresh sage leaves
fresh, flat-leaf parsley
1 cup pre-cooked, chopped chicken

Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 8-10 minutes.  While this is cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.  Add shallots and cook for 3 minutes, or until soft.

Reduce the heat to low and add chicken stock, gorgonzola cheese, heavy cream, chicken and lemon zest.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Stir until the cheese is melted and incorporated.

Drain the pasta and add to the saucepan (or combine sauce and pasta in a large bowl) and toss to coat in the sauce.  Add sage and parsley and enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails