Image Map

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mini Reeses Cupcakes

If my blog were a person, it wouldn't be my friend anymore.  You might be asking why this is the case?  Well, I kinda forgot it's birthday.  And I'm not just talking a few days late here.  My blogs birthday was way back in July!  I feel like such a terrible blog momma, how can you forget your own blog birthday?  I'll tell you how...

July 6th I began my new job.  While my new job came with the perks of evenings and weekends off (something that I haven't had in almost eight years), it also came with lots of new information that I had to cram into my brain.


June 30th I moved in with boyfriend.  After seven years of living long distance and making it work that way, boyfriend and I decided to give a go of it and live together.  While things have been working out grandly, he takes up a whole bunch of my time, in a good way of course.  We go out and do things on my newly free weekends.  Also, while I cook two or three times as often as I did before, I've been going for old favorites of mine, rather than striking out with something new each night.

July 1st I bought my first monthly rail pass.  A monthly rail pass to where?  Why, to New York City.  This makes it extremely easy to just hop on the train and head into the city on these newly free weekends.  What happens when you go to the city on the weekend instead of spending time in the kitchen?  You wind up celebrating your blogs birthday three months late.

I'm sorry blog, I love you!  Happy birthday!  Have some cupcakes!


Mini Reeses Cupcakes
Adapted from Everyday Food

1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup peanut butter (cheap-o stuff like Jif!)
6 tbsp butter at room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
1/4 cup butter milk (or 1 tsp lemon juice, fill up to 1/4 cup and let sit for 5 minutes)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
48 mini reeses cups

Preheat the oven to 350.

In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt and baking powder.

In a large bowl, cream together peanut butter, butter and brown sugar.  Beat until light and fluffy.  Add egg and egg yolk, beating to incorporate.  Add flour mixture, then buttermilk and vanilla extract.

Line mini cupcake pans with liners (use holiday appropriate ones!) and add 2 tsp cupcake batter to each cup (I used my mini ice cream scoop and it worked out perfectly).  Top each with a mini reeses cup and press down until the tops line up with the tops of the cupcake liners.

Bake for 10 minutes.  Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before removing from the pan.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails