Image Map

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ramen Vegetable Soup

I knew it was going to happen, Fall has come and the sun has started to set early.  I came home last night as the sun was going down.  By the time my train made it to my stop the sun had completely gone and I was walking home under the streetlamps.  This means two things.  1. I'm going to have to break out my light box again soon to take after dark pictures of dinner.  2. It's time for more soup!


 I prepped this soup on Sunday and it was ready in no time for dinner.  I chopped all of the vegetables and stored them in a single container, this meant all I had to do last night was heat up the pot and toss the ingredients in.  Dinner was hot and ready in just 30 minutes. 


I hope Fall is treating you well.  Are the leaves changing in your town yet?  Have you broken out an extra layer to wear on your commute in the morning?  Maybe you've been indulging in buying sweaters?  Whatever you've been doing to ring in the season, be sure to stay warm and have some soup!


One Year Ago: French Croissants
Two Years Ago: Basic Sugar Cookies & Royal Icing

Ramen Vegetable Soup
Adapted from Everyday Food

When dicing up your vegetables, be sure to make them all roughly the same size.  This will make sure everything cooks up at the same rate.  Be sure to discard the spice packages from the ramen noodles, you don't need all that sodium in the soup!

1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled & diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1/4 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 packages ramen noodles
Salt and pepper

Heat a large pot over medium heat.  Add 1 tbsp olive oil and let heat for a few minutes.  Add vegetables and let saute for 5-6 minutes.  Add tomatoes, chicken broth and 1 cup water, bring to a boil.  Break up each ramen noodle package into four pieces, add to the soup.  Cook noodles for 3 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails