Image Map

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Keeping it Simple

Is it me, or has this been the longest week ever?  Usually I'm pretty excited once Wednesday rolls around.  After lunch on Wednesday, I'm cheerful and happy to be on my way out of the work week.  How different this is from my thoughts just a year and a half ago!  When I first got my job, I was just so happy to have weekends off, the work week flew by.  How quickly you get used to things!


I think this week has felt super long because nothing has been going right!  Reaction after reaction failed this week.  Thankfully I was able to figure out what was going wrong late last night.  Here's hoping I can parlay that bit of good science into more success today and tomorrow.


Today I've made you something super simple and delicious.  Roquefort potatoes!  Fingerling potatoes, Roquefort cheese and Bartlett pears.  Add a a little salt and pepper and you've got an amazing side!  Just be sure to watch your fingers when working with a mandoline.  My thumb is a little worse off after making these potatoes!

One Year Ago: Sponge Candy FAQ
Two Years Ago: Key Lime Pie on a Stick

Roquefort Potatoes

Fingerling potatoes (2-3 per person)
Roquefort cheese (or another blue cheese)
Firm pear, diced
Kosher salt
Freshly cracked pepper

Slice each fingerling potato about 1/8-inch thick.  Spread the potato slices into a rectangle on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Sprinkle with Roquefort cheese, keeping it in the center of the potatoes.  Add pears.  Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve while hot!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails