Image Map

Monday, January 27, 2014

CTB 2014 - Nigella Express

I have been meaning to post some more savory items on the blog recently, but the early sunsets really hamper my endeavors at photography.  I'm thinking I need to invest in some new lights.  I've also been planning on sharing some healthy dinner items with you, today I totally failed.


Today I made you the quickest, easiest and baconiest chicken ever.  I guess that's what happens when you fry chicken in bacon grease and then pour crumbled bacon over it.


Healthy?  Probably not.  Delicious?  Totally.  You know you want to make this for dinner.  Do it do it do it!


One Year Ago: Pasta with sausage & butternut squash
Two Years Ago: Soft Pretzels
Three Years Ago: Chocolate & Peanut Butter Mousse Entremet

Bacony Chicken
Adapted from Nigella Express

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
4 strips bacon
2 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
1/3 cup white wine

Heat olive oil in a medium-high skillet over medium heat.  Add garlic and cook until fragrant.  Add bacon and fry until crisp, remove bacon from the pan and wrap up in foil.

Fry chicken in the olive oil and bacon grease, about 2 minutes per side.  Once chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, remove to your serving plates.  Crumble bacon in the pan and add white wine, cook until slightly reduced.  Pour over chicken and serve!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails